European Council for the Conservation of Fungi
THE EUROPEAN FUNGAL RED LIST INITIATIVE
Further details in the Activities page
Click the image to download the full-sized poster in PDF format (10.3 MB)
Warsaw, September 17, 2019
During the XVIII Congress of European Mycologists, in Warsaw, Poland, Professor Ahmed M. Abdel-Azeem, Chairman of the Arab Society for Fungal Conservation, delivered Honorary Membership Certificates, on behalf of the Society, to David L. Hawksworth, Julia Pawłowska, Lynne Boddy, Giovanni Pacioni and Anders Dahlberg. The Society 2019 Award was presented to David L. Hawksworth on the same occasion (pictured).
The ECCF was founded
in 1985 and has some 80 representatives from almost all European countries countries, reflecting its European status.
Its sole objective is to promote the conservation of fungi.
The ECCF aims to
- promote the attention for the conservation of Fungi to all governmental bodies and non-governmental organisations
(NGOs) as well as to politicians and mycologists
- stimulate studies and publications on the changes in the mycoflora on a local, regional, national and European level
- stimulate studies and discussions on the factors and processes responsible for these observed changes in the mycoflora
- stimulate the publication of national and regional Red Data Lists of threatened fungi
- promote international co-operation in research, monitoring programs and in the publication
of an European Red Data List of threatened fungi